Sunday, May 5, 2013

Oyster "Rockefeller" Variation

Oysters are going to be the death of me.  I love them anyway, even raw!  Tonight for an appetizer we had a variation of an Oyster Rockefeller... variation because I didn't have all the correct ingredients to do the real ones.  And just because the grill was already running for dinner, I cooked these little guys up on the grill.

Ingredients:
12 oysters 
1 cup of shredded spinach
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella
2 tablespoons of diced onions

Directions:
1. Shuck the oysters so that you have them on the half shell



2. Mix together in a bowl the spinach, cheese, and onions.
3. Spoon the mixture on top of the oysters in their shells.
4. Put on grill for 5 minutes if you want them a little raw still, but warmed.  Or 10 minutes if you want the oysters to be cooked more.



5. Serve warm and enjoy!

Nutritional Information:
The recipe calls for 12 oysters, I did two different nutritional information pictures for those that want a full serving of 6 oysters, and for those that want the information for just 1 oyster. 



My Opinion on the Results:
Loved them!  I think I would have liked them a little more cooked then I cooked them, or maybe even do them in the oven next time.  But needless to say, I ate all 6 of mine, and would make more if I had more oysters in the house! 





No comments:

Post a Comment